I Am A Student Veteran
We got your six!
Portland State University welcomes veterans, active service members and their families. We provide specialized support and services to help veteran students achieve their academic goals. Join our inclusive community of student veterans at Oregon’s most diverse and affordable urban public research university. You served our country. It’s our turn to serve you.
Our history of serving vets
Veterans are the reason PSU was founded in 1946. We first opened our doors as the Vanport Extension Center to serve veterans returning from World War II. Since then, PSU has continued as a military-friendly school welcoming veterans. Veterans remain key to our identity.
Learn about your benefits
We help you receive your full education benefits in a clear and efficient way. Connect with our Veteran Certification Office located within the Office of the Registrar to process and certify your benefits, including the GI Bill ®. You should start submitting your forms at least one month before registering for classes at Portland State. Our certification specialists are also available to assist you remotely. Email us at email@example.com.
Veteran Benefits and Resources
Federal VA Benefits
- Montgomery G.I. Bill® (Chapter 30)
- Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31)
- Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® (Chapter 33)
- Survivors' and Dependents' Education Assistance Program (Chapter 35)
- Montgomery G.I. Bill®/Select Reserve (Chapter 1606)
- Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® Yellow Ribbon Program
- Tuition Assistance (TA)
- Veterans Access, Choice and Accountability Act of 2014 (HR 3230) and Isakson and Roe Veterans Health Care and Benefits Improvement Ace of 2020 (HR 7105)
State of Oregon Benefits
Join an inclusive and welcoming community
Our Veterans Resource Center is here to help you transition from military to student life. We connect you with student services and offer peer support to help you remain focused on reaching your educational goals. We host events, share resources and create an inclusive and welcoming environment for veterans from all backgrounds. Contact us to learn more.